What’s Your Dream?
I was recently talking to a friend about what they wanted out of life. I actually do this a lot as I find myself having one of two reactions: inspired to dream bigger because of them, or, if they have very few goals and dreams, I am quietly reminded to NEVER be someone who doesn’t dream.
This friend initially responded that they hadn’t thought about it much, and then went ahead and gave a simple, somewhat generic answer. Something about finding a job they like, maybe getting married, possibly children, and maybe travel a little once they retire.
I found myself completely taken aback by this person’s lack of passion, planning, dreaming, and enthusiasm about what can be achieved by each of us. This person is beyond brilliant, funny, kind, athletic, and attractive.
So what on Earth has kept them from dreaming big dreams? Making huge plans? Setting gigantic goals?
Have they never been shown what’s possible? Are they afraid of failure? Do they feel ill-equipped or incapable of reach those dreams? It’s hard to say, as I am not in their head, but I can say that I hope things change for them.
This clip from “Pretty Woman” always makes me smile…
One very important piece of having big goals and dreams, in my opinion, is saying them out loud. Whether it’s to your friends, your family, your spouse, or to yourself in the mirror…SAY THEM! Say them loud and proud, and never let anyone tell you that they are out of your reach.
Below, I am going to share some of my goals and dreams (in my “before 35 category,” I am currently 28), in hopes that it will inspire me to work harder towards them, and inspire others to post their dreams below in the comments section! Let’s all dream together, encourage one another, and glean inspiration from the dreams of others who dream BIG just like we do!
- Positively affect the lives of everyone with whom I come in contact.
- Speak. Travel. Write.
- Educate women about intelligent methods of nutrition/training/lifestyle.
- Teach women how to love themselves and their bodies, no matter how “imperfect,” while never settling for less than they are capable of achieving.
- Change the world of women’s fitness, by making it about being strength and empowerment instead of scale weight and shame about our bodies.
- Get published.
- Be a millionaire.
- Continue learning, evolving, and honing my craft.
- Be super effective with my time so I have plenty of free time to do whatever I’d like.
- Build my gym into something that helps hundreds of people in my hometown get healthy with the least amount of effort possible.
- Help others reach their goals and dreams.
OK, now that I have shared my dreams… will you share yours? Please comment below! I’d love to read what you want out of life!